Five TV shows that will keep you entertained

With Glenn’s alleged death on “The Walking Dead” (2010) and practically everyone dying on “Scream Queens” (2015), high school students are spending a lot of time emotionally involved in watching TV shows.

There are hundreds of TV shows out there to watch, but not all are actually worth watching.

In my opinion, there are five specific TV shows worth spending time on.

“Scream Queens”

My first pick would be “Screen Queens,” which airs at 9 p.m. every Tuesday on Fox.

The show revolves around Kappa house, one of the most prestigious sororities at Wallace University.

When Dean Kathy Munsch (Jamie Lee Curtis) decides that students other than rich, popular elites should be able to pledge for the Kappa, it leaves more than a few of the sorority members upset, including an unknown individual known as the Red Devil Killer.

Munsch’s decision triggers the killer’s inner anger towards Kappa, so he goes on a revengeful murdering rampage killing Kappa members one by one.

While one sorority sister, Grace Gardner (Skyler Samuels), tries to find out the killer’s true identity, the other sorority sisters just do their best to stay alive.

Gardner hopes that solving the mystery will be the key to stopping the Red Devil killer and figuring out why they are seeking revenge on Kappa.

The show is an hour long, but, excluding commercials, it is actually around 45 minutes.

“Scream Queens” is a hilarious show that will have viewers laughing throughout every episode.

The show is rated TV-14 for the blood and guts, but the gore is not bad enough to turn off the average viewer.

The show is on its first season, so there is still plenty of time to catch up.

“American Horror Story: Hotel”

My next recommendation is “American Horror Story: Hotel” (2015), which airs Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. on FX.

This series is an anthology; each season has a different story line.

The current season is focused around the Hotel Cortez and all of its residents.

John Lowe (Wes Bentley) works as a detective for the local police department and, while trying to solve a string of murders that he believes are linked to the hotel, he gets tangled in a web of lies, confusion, and horror with its residents and even the hotel itself.

Lowe keeps having hallucinations of strange events taking place in the hotel. But are they really made up?

With whom Lowe believes to be his son, kidnapped years before, running around the hotel halls and the deceased original owner of the hotel lurking around every corner, Lowe is becoming too physically and emotionally involved.

As his family becomes involved, along the way, he must figure out exactly what is wrong with the hotel.

This show is rated TV-MA due to the amount of gore and sexual situations in its episodes, so viewer discretion is advised.

This is a suspenseful show that is worth watching.

People who enjoy this season should check out the past seasons because they are all good as well.

“Awkward”

My third recommendation is “Awkward” (2011), which airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on MTV.

This series revolves around unpopular student, Jenna Hamilton (Ashley Rickards), and all of her high school experiences that define her, and even many viewers like her, as a person.

Hamilton struggles to fit in while avoiding the spotlight, but many incidents force her to receive uncomfortable attention.

The event that starts it all is an accident that makes it look like she attempted suicide, which pushes her to be the center of attention at school. The attention also makes her an easy victim for the popular Sadie Saxton (Molly Tarlov) to emotionally attack.

While juggling being in a relationship, grades, friends, and Saxton’s torment, Hamilton tries to find her true self, all while being in high school.

She has her ups and downs, breakups, and makeups, but in the end she always has the best intentions to make the high school experience the best it can be.

This show is currently on season five, but each episode is only a half an hour long, so it will not be that hard to catch up on past seasons.

Viewers will laugh and cry with every character and wish that each episode would never end.

“The Walking Dead”

My fourth recommendation is “The Walking Dead,” which airs on AMC at 9 p.m. on Sundays.

In this series, Sheriff Deputy Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) tries his best to survive and help others in a world overrun by zombies.

After waking from being in a coma that lasted for months, Grimes is bewildered when he finds himself in an abandoned hospital.

Hoping that his family is still alive, Grimes goes on a hunt to find his wife and son.

After a near-death experience he finds another survivor, Glenn Rhee (Steven Yeun), whom he starts traveling with.

Once he and Rhee find his family and other survivors, Grimes does whatever he can to lead everyone to safety and figure out how to survive in this harsh, new world.

With a rating of TV-14 for the first two seasons, and TV-MA for the last three seasons, this series has some bloody, disturbing scenes, so I do not advise people with weak stomachs to watch.

“Grey’s Anatomy”

My final pick would have to be “Grey’s Anatomy” (2005), which airs on ABC Thursday nights at 9 p.m.

This medical-based drama is based around the life of Dr. Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) and all of her friends and foes that work in the same hospital.

While working through love and loss, Grey must figure out what makes her happy.

She cherishes moments with her friends and learns many lessons that come from being a doctor.

While juggling her stressful job and a family, she must figure out how to balance everything out in the best way possible.

This show is an hour long with a rating of TV-14 due to the intense medical scenes in the hospital.

As long as you do not mind blood, and love a juicy drama, this show is meant for you.

It is on season 12, so viewers who have never seen the show before will have some catching up to do. However, it will be worth it.

If none of these shows interest you or you watch them and want more entertainment, I also recommend “Game of Thrones” (2011), “Orange is the New Black” (2013), and “Vikings” (2013).

All of these TV shows are sure to entertain viewers and will not disappoint.