Chrismas Eve Traditions!

Embracing the warmth and magic of the holiday season, Christmas Eve arrives with a sense of anticipation and cherished traditions. As the sun sets and the air fills with a festive spirit, households around the world come alive with a unique blend of customs and practices that make this evening so special. From heartwarming family gatherings to joyful rituals, Christmas Eve traditions have become an integral part of our holiday celebrations. Let us embark on a journey to explore the rich tapestry of customs that make this night a time of love, joy, and cherished memories.

Junior Ava Salem, reminisces about her family’s old tradition that they sadly don’t do anymore.

“Every year on Christmas Eve my siblings and I would go to our aunt and uncle’s house where they would give us our Christmas gifts, which were always pajamas, hot cocoa, and popcorn. We would put on our PJs and then make our snacks and watch  Nightmare Before Christmas. Then we would hang out for a while and they would take us home,” explained Salem.

No matter how big or how small every tradition is as important and memorable as the next.

“My sister and I get our Christmas Eve box and it usually has pajamas and like little stuff like coloring books and colored pencils and stuff like that,” expressed Junior, Gracie Root.

For others, family is most important as well as long-lasting traditions. This is shown in Margarita Martinez’s family tradition,

“My family always comes together and we open presents and eat together. We always play lotería (Spanish bingo) and try to unwrap surprises in saran wrap with oven mitts,” explained joyfully by Martinez.

Some have large gatherings on Christmas Eve and some like to keep them small, much like Savannah Rupert’s family.

“My brothers and I always sit in front of the tree and open up Christmas Eve boxes with pajamas that we wear that night as well as small things my parents think we’d like,” stated Rupert.

Whether you are engaging in traditional activities passed down through generations or creating new ones, the enchantment and significance of Christmas Eve traditions are sure to leave an indelible mark on your heart.