Five types of guys to avoid dating

Madison+Cooper

IMAGE / Mr. Darrick J. Puffer

Madison Cooper

Ever since my friends and I were little, we have thought about one thing or person: Prince Charming. As girls, we thought about dances, planned our weddings, and dreamed about what our perfect date would be like.

Every girl has their own type of Prince Charming.

From the “first sight” to the first conversation, people think they will be able to tell if someone is “the one.”

However, prom is right around the corner and time is running out to find a date. Every girl dreams of what their prom experience will be like, so do not let the guy that you go with ruin your perfect prom night.

To help out with finding a perfect date, here is a list of five guys you should absolutely AVOID going on a date with.

1. The guy who is jobless.

High school opens up a lot of doors and opportunities for students, and one of those is the ability to get a job. Not every high school student can afford to get a job, however.

If the guy who is chasing you has nothing going on and still no job, avoid dating him unless you enjoy paying for every date.

2. The college guy who is still mentally in high school.

Dating college guys is totally acceptable at our age; however, if you met your college boyfriend at a high school football game, avoid dating him.

Girls naturally mature faster than guys. This is why we find ourselves attracted to males who are older than us. If your boyfriend is in college, but his head is still in high school, he will also be into all the drama that comes with high school, and you do not have the time or energy for that.

3. The guy who sags his pants.

There is not much explanation needed. Neither you nor your mother should want to see his underwear.

4. The guy who constantly flirts with EVERYONE.

If you catch yourself falling for a guy that constantly hugs you and showers you with compliments, but you catch yourself getting jealous when he does the same with other girls, run the other way. It is OK for both guys and girls to enjoy flirting and to do it with anyone they want. However, in most cases, they are not ready to settle down with just one person. Do not think for a second that once you start dating this guy he will change. Dating this guy will lead to stress and heartbreak.

5. The guy who does not have goals.

A relationship could lead anywhere, even marriage. However, if you jump into a relationship with a guy who doesn’t focus in school or have an idea of what he would like to do in life, you will end up with more stress than you need. If you are a goal-oriented, focused person, you do not need a guy to weigh you down. If you decide to date this guy, you are also deciding to take on a future with him. But do you really want to do that with a guy who doesn’t have a future?

There are many types of guys in the world. But not all are good guys to date.

When picking a guy to date, you have to think about a future with him and if you are OK with that.

If you want to have a future with any of the guys above, that is fine too, but if you do not, then just stay away from them altogether.

After all, what is the point of dating if you cannot see it leading to a future with someone?