Pebbles cereal rocks for breakfast

IMAGE / Mr. Mike Mozart / flickr

Pebbles is the No. 1 choice of breakfast cereals among Kearsley students.

Kearsley students eat more cereal than the average American.

According to The Physics Factbook, Americans eat cereal three days out of a week. However, an Eclipse survey found that teenagers in KHS eat cereal 3.5 days of the week.

In addition, what cereal Kearsley students eat is much different than the average American.

A 2013 survey from Information Resources Incorporated said the top three cereals in the nation were Honey Nut Cheerios, Frosted Flakes, and Honey Bunches Of Oats.

But after surveying 77 Kearsley students, none of those three are on the students top-three list.

Here is Kearsley’s top three breakfast cereals:

No. 1 — Pebbles

Pebbles has been coming into our bowls as well as our hearts since 1971. Characters from “The Flinstones” have been used as the cereals spokespeople.

There are many different types of  Pebbles cereals such as Fruity Pebbles, Coco Pebbles, IceBerry Pebbles, and Ice Cream Pebbles.

All of these cereals are still around today.

Freshman Alicia Hinojosa said she enjoys the taste of every bite.

“It makes me excited to wake up,” Hinojosa said. ” It’s also just really good to me.”

No. 2 — Cocoa Puffs

Cocoa Puffs has been popping into bowls all around the world since 1958.

Cocoa Puffs has used Sonny the Cuckoo Bird as its spokesperson since 1962. He uses his famous catchphrase, “”I’m cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs,” to catch young minds into buying the cereal.

In 2008, Cocoa Puffs came out with Cocoa Puffs Combos. It’s chocolate cereal with vanilla puffs.

People don’t believe that there is real chocolate in the cereals as the box suggests, but Nestle has stated that there is indeed real chocolate.

No. 3 — Cap’n Crunch

Children have begged their parents for Cap’n Crunch since 1963, and it has been a part of PepsiCo since 2001.

The mascot is a navel pirate from the 18th century named Horaito Magellan Crunch.

Variations of Cap’n Crunch has been Cap’n Crunch’s Crunch Berries,  Peanut Butter Crunch, Cocoa Crunch,  and Oops! All Berries, just to name a few.

Senior Ania Cox said she likes how it tastes.

“It has a really nice flavor to it,” Cox said.

The featured image is from flickr.