The new media center!

IMAGE / Ruby Lopez
One of the 5 new learning zones in the media center.

Students have been given the privilege of having a new place to study and learn.

Not only are we getting a new media center, but a cafe as well.

Construction has been going on since summer with the remodeling of the media center.

The media center was closed off for the first few months of school, but the wait is finally over.

Teachers and students are thrilled to have a new learning environment.

The purpose of it is to be able to gather everyone together for meetings as well as to allow students to work on projects outside of the classroom.

It features 5 different learning zones and each space represents a different opportunity.

Any of the gold walls are a part of the cafe area and no food is to go beyond the gold walls.

The gray area is more of an open classroom setting.  It features a projector that teachers can use for presentations and meetings.

The blue zones allow everyone to study and work with teachers outside of the classrooms.

Each area includes a TV with a smart cast, so students can work on group presentations.

This is a great opportunity for teachers and students to get out of the classroom and into a new learning environment.

It also features a new outside patio that can be used during lunchtime in the spring and fall.

Many students are excited to finally get in and use it.  Senior, Trinity Sager stated, “I am super excited to read and just hang out in the new media center with my all friends.”

The media center will be open from 7 am  in the morning, until 4 pm after school every day.

Any teacher who would like to use the learning center must sign up ahead of time before bringing in their students.

This is a super exciting way to show how Kearsley takes pride in academics.  “This is an amazing new space for collaborative learning for KHS kids’. Thank you to our Kearsley community,” stated principal Brian Wiskur.