K-Motion Ends a Long Season

Three seniors with Coach Cami

Varsity K-Motion is Kearsley High School’s only dance team. K-Motion dances at boy’s varsity basketball home games and the game prior to the varsity game. They take the floor to perform  during half-time of these games, showing off their routines in order to get the crowd all hyped up and ready to cheer.

This season, the varsity boys had thirteen home games! That is about double of an average season. So K-Motion anticipated double the games, which leads to more dances that needed to be made. Unfortunately, because of the snow days and cancellation of games, K-Motion did not have to dance at all 13 games, and a couple of the Monday games were called off for the team, due to dancers not being able to attend them. Although the number of the games were reduced, they were luckily given more time to perfect their routines.

This year, there are three seniors, Elizabeth Peachy, Liberty Cronenvhet, and Haidynn Bartholomew. Senior night looked a little different as well. Cronenvhet was unable to attend the scheduled senior night for boys varsity, and K-Motion also planned to have their senior night that evening. A plan was made to have Peachy and Bartholomew celebrate senior night with the boys, and Cronenvhet would have her own senior night during the next game. Unfortunately, this needed to happen or else senior night would not work out for the team. Both games were the same classic senior night dance routine, where each senior gets their own song and dance, and the rest of the team does a simple routine behind them. Although it’s a bit different than normal, the seniors were still excited to celebrate.

“I was devastated when I found out senior night happened to fall on the first night of the play, with no chance of tackling both because I was a main character. I’m really glad we were able to figure something out so I could still participate, since it’s a huge deal for me as well as for the seniors. It’s our final dance together, after dancing with each other for years,” explained Cronenvhet.

As the season comes to end, it has been a very bittersweet year. The seniors are looking forward to keeping in contact with their coach and continue to stop by in the future years to come. These three seniors have danced together and with their coach for 6-7 years, and they have created a bond that will last forever.