The New Choir Officers

Kearsley+vocal+logo+made+by+Zachary+Smith+
Kearsley vocal logo made by Zachary Smith

This is the first year that the 3 officers’ jobs for choir got split into 6 different jobs: president, vice president/social media manager,  2 secretaries, backstage manager, and librarian. There are 2 different secretaries; one for ACAP and the other for Concert Choir. The officers had to run for their position, and Mr.Smith picked who he thought best fit for the position the person was running for. In order to get an inside look into the choir program, the reporter asked each officer about their position and what it entails. 

The reporter first asked Maddy Reif about her position.  She said, “my position is president, and basically I’m kinda like the student rep for the choir, and I go to all the booster meetings and when Mr.Smith isn’t here I kinda take his role, just kinda like the head of everything.”

Next, the reporter asked Mal McCallum about her position.  She told the reporter, “I’m the vice president and social media manager. Pretty much I had to make accounts, so I made a TikTok and an Instagram and I’m part of the Facebook group. I run those, I advertise for us, I introduce what our choirs are, who are officers are and I talk about what it is to be in choir.” 

After the reporter asked Mal about her role the reporter talked to Ariana Hudkins who is the Secretary for the concert choir. They said, “I’m the secretary, I’m kinda like Mr.Smith’s buddy, I do attendance, I answer calls, and make sure he’s doing what he’s supposed to be doing, I’m like a teacher’s assistant.”

The reporter then talked to the other Secretary Jozzy Smith, who is the secretary for ACAP. She gave more information on her position, “I’m Secretary, I mostly take attendance every morning, I’m in charge of keeping the room mostly clean.”

After the reporter spoke with Jozzy, they then spoke with Emily Callahan about her position as backstage manager. “I’m the backstage manager, pretty much I’m a techy, like my job up here is, I’m going to be setting up the risers before concerts and taking them down, and I’m gonna make people help me cause I can’t do it all by myself. Pretty much I’m going to be making sure everything behind the scene is running smoothly so that way we can get to the singing as quickly as possible.”

Finally, after the reporter talked to everyone else, they talked to Levi Pray, who is the librarian. They said, “I’m the librarian, I give out the music, I write down who has what number of music; and make sure the folders are all set. I actually number the music and put it in the file cabinets too.  I’m also able to answer any questions kids in class have about the music.”

Everyone seems excited about their officer positions and what’s to come next throughout this whole school year.