Spring Break 2024!

Daytona+Shores
Daytona Shores

Many students go to different places across the United States for spring break, but a popular choice is Florida. Florida is always the favorite choice when thinking about where to go on Spring Break. because of the nice weather and great scenery. Florida has many different activities that people can do from swimming at the beach to shopping in town. 

Senior, Abbey Willingham, went to Captiva Island in Florida for her last spring break as a high school student with her best friend Ava Boggs and her family.

When she was asked what they did while they were at Captiva Island she replied, “we spent the week relaxing on the beach, shopping, seashell hunting, and going out to dinner.” 

Willingham mentioned her favorite part was getting to spend her last spring break with her best friend and practically her second family. She was asked if she would ever want to go back to Captiva Island and she answered, “I would love to go back. The island was beautiful and had the best sunsets. The weather was perfect too.” 

Students enjoy spring break for many reasons. One of these reasons is that they can spend time with family and friends and go on vacation. Sophomore, Graciela Granados, was asked where she went over spring break and she replied, “I went to Anna Maria Island in Florida with one of my friends Lilly.” 

Granados said she went swimming and enjoyed the sun. She mentioned she had a really fun time while there. Granados was questioned about what her favorite part of spring break was and responded, “My favorite part was getting tan.”

Many students go on spring break and try new things and go to different places. Many people go on spring break with family and friends. Sophomore, London Struck-Curtis went to Daytona Shores, Florida with the Sporman family. She was asked what they did while they were there and replied, “we did a lot of going to different places and trying new things.”

Struck-Curtis mentioned she had a lot of fun on break and was then questioned about what her favorite part was. She commented, “I went into the ocean for the first time and it was super fun!”

Students had a lot of fun and many want to go back to the places they visited. People do all sorts of different activities while they are on spring break that never disappoint on the fun. Spring break is a fun time during the school year when many students go on vacation to different places while they have the week off.