Powder puff girls face off in semifinal games

On Monday, Oct. 9, on the football field of KHS, class fought against class as the girls put on their war paint to play a game of good, old-fashioned football.

The juniors and sophomores will face off Thursday, Oct. 12, in the championship game during school. The game was originally scheduled for Oct. 11, but it was moved because of forecasts for rain.

IMAGE / Autumn Prescott
Junior Aryiana Laney pushes toward the end zone with the ball tucked under her arm during the powder puff game on Monday, Oct. 9.

Juniors vs. Freshmen

The first game of the night proved to be a real treat as the juniors challenged the freshmen. The juniors crushed the freshmen 33-19 and led throughout the game.

Junior Aryiana Laney led her team and made three touchdowns during the game.

The juniors were confident about their skill on the field and had no problem going up against the freshmen.

Junior Makenzie Boillat wasn’t afraid of the underclassmen.

“It was rough and it got pretty dirty out there,” Boillat said. “They were freshmen, though, so I was like, ‘Yeah, we got it.'”

Freshman Isabella Baltosser was nervous to go out on the field against the older players.

“It was very nerve-wracking in the beginning,” Baltosser said, “but once I got out there it was better. They were older than me and they had more experience, so I was afraid I was going to get out there and not do my job.”

IMAGE / Autumn Prescott
Senior Katie Lewis runs down the field to score a touchdown during the powder puff game on Monday, Oct. 9.

Seniors vs. Sophomores

In the second game, the seniors and the sophomores went head-to-head. The sophomores led throughout the game and dominated the seniors 28-6.

The seniors had a rough time accepting some of the calls made by the referees but found that it was still a fun game after all.

Senior Maikayla Josling participated in the game for both her first and last time this year.

“It was very interesting,” Josling said. “In the end, when it didn’t matter anymore, it was fun.”

Autumn Lay, sophomore, was excited to have won.

“It felt good to beat the seniors,” Lay said. “I wasn’t too confident (about winning) because if you’re too cocky you won’t win.”

To see more powder puff semifinal photographs, keep scrolling down.

IMAGE / Autumn Prescott
The offensive line for the juniors sets before a snap during their semifinal game Monday, Oct. 9.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

IMAGE / Autumn Prescott
Freshman Faith Burris cuts the corner in her semifinal game Monday, Oct. 9.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

IMAGE / Autumn Prescott
Senior Marysa Gatica runs a sweep to the right side while two sophomore defenders close in during their semifinal game Monday, Oct. 9.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

IMAGE / Autumn Prescott
The sophomore defense readies itself to stop the seniors in a semifinal game Monday, Oct. 9.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

IMAGE / Autumn Prescott
Junior Amber Hardy reaches for freshman Saniaa Walker ‘s flag during their game Monday, Oct. 9.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

IMAGE / Autumn Prescott
Sophomore Alyssa Smith runs the ball while senior Hailey Anderson reaches out to make the tackle on Monday, Oct. 9.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX