Fastball Season!

Fastball Season!

It’s spring season! Do you know what time it is? That means baseball and softball began. 

Softball and baseball are similar but very different at the same time. Each team this year purchased new pin-stripped jerseys. The boys’ jerseys are grey with blue stripes, and the girls are white with blue stripes. 

Both teams worked hard to start the season on a good note. Both the boys and girls have faced the cold weather and the sore muscles. This year both teams are pushing through to hope for a good outcome as new talent has arrived and many have had great improvement over the off-season workouts. 

Both teams have done field clean-ups so Kearsley High School is represented positively and cleanly. The girl’s team spent a whole cold day on the weekend cleaning, organizing, and even remodeling the field in a much more positive way. The boys on the other hand got a new field and better dirt laid down.

The girl’s season started with a mercy over Genesee High School in both games as it was a doubleheader. The boys versed the number one team Powers and took a tough loss, but were head to head and did the best to their ability. 

The reporter asked sophomore, #24, Kylie Miron, how do you think this season is going to go and how have you guys grown as a program? She responded with, “I think it’s going good, we have been growing as a program raising money and keeping our area clean. We have also grown by working together, being there for each other, and cheering each other on.”

The reporter then asked the same question to sophomore, #13, Chase Tobias. He states, “I hope we do well this season. We have more skills this year and we have practiced a lot this year even on Sunday’s and come support us.”

As the year continues, so much time goes into every sport. Each position takes a different variation of skills, mindset, and determination. Everyone hopes for the best this season, but it is all determined by the hard work these athletes continue to put in.

Both teams are looking forward to a great support system behind them as they conquer the teams that are still coming up this season.