Let the summer adventures begin!

Let the summer adventures begin!
Let the summer adventures begin!

There are a lot things we look forward to in the summer. The fried food and sugary lemonade that hit your mouth on a hot summer day, the day you have an excuse to dress cute and maybe even pull out those old boots in your closet for a concert, going to the fair checks all of these boxes.

The fair is a great place to get out of the house with your friends and family and experience different emotions. From feeling nervous before getting on rides or annoyed waiting in line or to feel complete joy during a crazy ride. 

People often find themselves enjoying their experience. For example, Sarah Chambers explains, “my favorite thing about fairs is the amount of people there and making new friends with random people. I wish that they had better rides though.”

Fairs are a great way to step out of your comfort zone and meet new people. You often come with friends and leave with even more. One thing that is noticed is how much things have changed over the years, new things come and old things leave, even the things that are our favorite entertainment.

The fairs include food trucks and drinks, business pop-up tents, rides for all ages, games to win items, shows held in an arena, animals of all kinds and some firework shows depending on the month. The fair makes the most money from rides and shows. Some shows include monster trucks, rodeos, intermission games, and rodeo clowns. 

Kylie Miron says, “one of my favorite things to do at the fair is walking around and getting lemonade and riding all of the rides. Also, sometimes watching the fireworks or the shows.”

The fairs can include so many shows. For instance, monster trucks, car jumping, horse riding, bull riding of all ages and sizes, and even sheep riding. The clowns are the silly ones who make sure everyone is safe. They often get the crowd started off making people laugh in the stands and teasing people, but when it’s time to help they get their job done. 

Going to the fair on a hot day and spending the whole day all the way until night is very common. People often find themselves on the Ferris wheel at night to enjoy the rides and everything being lit up around them as they are high in the sky. 

Kennedy Church claims, “ I recommend going all day and staying until night when the weather starts to cool down and the sun goes down, but all the colorful lights turn on. When going to the fair I always wait to ride the Ferris wheel last when I can see everything bright and colorful at night with a great view!”

There are so many fairs everywhere you can go to, you just have to look. Go to https://www.michigan.org/fairs-festivals and find the festival or fair that suits you. This summer try and experience everything you have on your bucket list and, always remember to have fun and meet new people when going on adventures like the fair has to offer.