The Echo will publish two yearbooks instead of one this year

IMAGE / Makenzie Boillat

Junior Kasey Palmer, co-editor in chief, shows previous yearbook covers. For $70, buyers this year will receive two hardcover books, one of which will be given out in May.

Students can experience something that’s never been done before — buying a 2018-19 yearbook.

Wait. What?

Yes, this year’s yearbook is unique because it’s going to be published as two books.

The first book will cover the school year from August to the end of January. It will include students’ school pictures, Homecoming, and fall sports. Also, there is a section for signatures, so students may have their books signed by friends and teachers before the school year ends.

The first yearbook will be given out to students in May.

The second yearbook will include all winter and spring sports along with school actives and clubs. Staff pictures will be included in this book, as well.

The second yearbook will be distributed before the 2019-2020 school year starts.

The (yearbook) covers were specially designed, and we had a designer come in and help us.

— Kasey Palmer, co-editor in chief

Staff members are working hard to make the new yearbooks appealing to their peers.

Junior Kasey Palmer, co-editor in chief, said the yearbook cover is nothing like before.

“The covers were specially designed, and we had a designer come in and help us,” Palmer said. “I think a lot more people will be interested in them because they look a lot cooler.”

In addition, the yearbooks this year will have pictures students can scan with an app called Yearbook AR.

This gives students the ability to watch videos inserted into the yearbook. Some of the videos include clips of choir concerts, band concerts, and other student activities.

But if you want one of these unique yearbooks, you have to act fast because the deadline to purchase a book is much sooner this year than in the past.

The last opportunity to buy a yearbook is Jan. 25.

Yearbooks cost $70, but students will be able to make payments throughout the school year as long as the book is paid off by May.

At the end of the year, there may be a few extras. Therefore, Ms. Kari Shaw, yearbook adviser, recommends buying one before January.

“Yearbooks are the only record of the school year,” Shaw said. “Every year is different. Everyone should have a yearbook every year.”