Do your best, you don’t have to be the best

Megan+Millinkov

Megan Millinkov

Oftentimes students will never feel they’ve done enough.

They believe that there’s always someone better than them, smarter than them, more athletic than them, and more.

Not a test goes by in any given class that I don’t hear someone say, “Well I just failed that.”

I think that this mentality needs to be changed. Instead of worrying about doing an inferior job compared to that of your peer, try to focus on your own work and take care of yourself.

You should try your best, but try your best instead of worrying what other people think.

— Cierra Farney, senior

Senior Cierra Farney believes that students should pay attention to their own work and not focus on anyone else.

“You should try your best, but try your best instead of worrying what other people think,” Farney said.

Maybe some people just won’t do the bare minimum of studying in order to succeed on at least an average basis, and that’s on them.

It is possible that some students will give up after not being able to handle the pressure that school brings.

What I mean is that we need to take care of ourselves first and not care what score someone else got.

According to Usable Knowledge, “Other students focused on external factors that might make their peers feel pressured to cheat.”

That being said, some students will be pushed to do things that they know are not right because they are afraid of failing even more so.

Senior Brad Hintz believes that students should not strain themselves all the time, but keep their academics in check while also taking care of themselves in the process.

“Sometimes people push themselves too hard,” Hintz said. “Trying your best is very important.”

There’s always going to be a time where you feel insecure due to another’s success, so this is my message to you: do not focus on what others are doing around you, but work hard at being the best you can be.