A talented dancer, Marco Rivera serves his community through NHS

IMAGE / Makenzie Schroeder

Senior Marciano Rivera

Marciano, or Marco, Rivera is a fascinating individual. His well-kept hair, perpetual optimism, and extreme skills on the dance floor all contribute to the unique personality that he maintains every day.

“My family and friends have made me who I am,” Rivera said, ”so I credit my optimism to them.”

Rivera, a senior, participates in many after-school activities, such as the swim team. He joined because he “wanted to experience something new while getting a tough workout.”

The swim team does not have events assigned to its members yet, but Rivera said he would like to swim the 200-yard relay and the 50 freestyle.

“Swim is fun because it’s extremely challenging,” Rivera said.

Rivera is outgoing in all of his classes and friendly with all of his classmates.

Dalton Nofs, senior, shares physics class with Rivera.

“He’s easy to talk to and fun to be around,” Nofs said.

Nofs enjoys talking with Rivera when they both have finished their physics assignments.

“He always has something interesting to talk about,” Nofs said.

As a member of NHS, Rivera serves the Kearsley community at various events, such as the Daddy-Daughter Dance and the elementary student lock-in.

“I enjoy the opportunity to give back to the community,” Rivera said.

Not only is Rivera a frequent volunteer, but he is also a talented individual.

His infectious positive attitude and dance skills spread like fire at this year’s Homecoming dance. Thanks to him, several students who were shy about dancing actually began to enjoy it—including our very own News Editor, Dylan Brewer.

“Marco brings the party wherever he’s at,” Brewer said.

Brewer, a senior, has a high opinion of Rivera as well.

“Marco is a nice guy. He is talented and always fun to be around.”

Like many others, Rivera plans on attending college after high school. He would like to attend the University of Kentucky.

“I’d like to major in pre-medicine,” Rivera said.

Studying is a high priority for Rivera. He hopes that his studying plan helps prepare him for college.

“I study for about an hour every day,” Rivera said. “If you study for too long, you won’t retain as much information.”

According to Rivera, he relaxes after school in a pretty routine manner.

“I storm into the kitchen, grab some food, and watch some television,” Rivera said.

There are many fond memories Rivera has of high school, but one in particular stands out for him.

Rivera said his fondest memory of high school was “when a group of kids and I from NHS went to Applebee’s after serving at a lock-in.”

Rivera said that he has advice for incoming freshman next year.

“Keep your nose in the books,” Rivera said

One Rivera’s biggest challenges of high school was time management.

“Don’t procrastinate,” Rivera said. “That’s great advice.”

At the end of our interview, Rivera shared his personal motto.

Rivera said, “Keep it clean. Just live your life, slick your hair back, and bring the party.”