Parent Teacher Conferences

Parent Teach Conferences

Are you a student that is going to get recognized for their hard work, or a student that is just preparing for the lecture from your parent or guardian about your lack of effort?

On Wednesday, March 1st from 3:30-6:30 p.m. and Thursday, March 2nd from 2:30-5:30 p.m., Kearsley High School is holding their spring parent teacher conferences.

Parent teacher conferences are when students and their parent or guardian can come and speak with their teachers as a check up to see how they’re doing in class.

The teachers will be addressing the students academic skills and what they can improve on and the areas they’re doing well in.

The core course educators will be placed in their classrooms.

The elective educators will be placed at a specific table in the media center.

Parent teacher conferences are an amazing opportunity to help students to have an input on what they need to do to improve or how the class is going for them so far.

KHS teacher, Mrs. Sierra, shares her approach on this topic and how it has changed over the years.

“I think it has changed over the years, because now parents do have more data on an everyday basis electronically, but there is something about having a face to face conversation where you can celebrate the great things that kids do,” stated Sierra.

She also shares how parents and students can fix common miscommunication.

“You can also talk about things when the parent and student are there all together so theirs not as much misunderstanding, I think that it is less apt to be taken in the wrong way,” informed Sierra.

Also teacher, Mrs. Chimbo, shared her thoughts on how she thinks conferences could be improved.

“It’s about meeting the right parents, because most of the ones that I really need to talk to don’t usually come, but when they do, they usually change their perspective of thinking, so that makes me happy,”  said Chimbo.

Parent teacher conferences are either a joy to go to or a pain, but either way it’s beneficial to the state of mind of the teachers, students, and parents and what their goals are moving forward.