Spend the holidays with the band

The Band Puts On Another Stellar Performance.

The Kearsley band put on another stellar performance on December 8th. The first concert contained performances by Jazz, Symphonic Band, and Wind Ensemble.

The concerts both had free admission. There was also exclusive merchandise available for people to buy. All money raised went toward the KHS band program.

The first person I interviewed was freshman, Kolbi Clark. These interviews were taken place a few days before the concert.

“We are preparing for the concert by making sure [we] fix every little detail,” Kolbi stated.

Clark then expressed why performing is so important to her.

“What I look forward to is being able to perform for the families of KHS. People love our music and it makes me happy that they do, [especially] after all the hard work we put in,” Clark expressed.

Clark also shared some concerns she had with the concert.

“When I perform, my heart is trying to leap out of my chest I feel nervous, but excited as I look over the entire auditorium,” Clark stated.

On a more light-hearted note, Clark expressed her love for the song “Polar Express.”

“My favorite song to perform, or at least for the moment would [have to] be ‘Polar Express’ the different melodies and the sound of it always catches my ear,” Clark disclosed.

The next person I interviewed was freshman, Jack Kuberski.

“I’m practicing the parts in each song that I have the most trouble with,” Kuberski stated.

Kuberski then expressed to me what makes the performance special to him.

“I always enjoy playing Christmas songs they are my favorite, so I’m looking forward to that [and] I really like playing the different percussion instruments,” Kuberski said.

Kuberski added in his concerns for the band: “Probably my biggest concern is the band isn’t entirely ready, but I’m hopeful that everything will go well,” Kuberski said.

Kuberski then finished the interview with,” I’d say my favorite song is ‘Christmas Rock’ [because] I enjoy playing on the drum set,” Kuberski said.

Another freshman, Cadence Cosico, announced that, “We already set up everything in the auditorium, I really am excited for this concert! I am looking forward to seeing all of our families, [but] when performing I feel at my best when everyone else does their part as well.”

Cosico disclosed that she did not have any concerns for the band.

Like Clark, Cosico also enjoys playing the song “Polar Express.”

The band never fails to impress the KHS students and families with their talent!

This year’s Christmas concert was stellar, who knows what show-stopping performance they will put on next! It seems that this year was a massive hit and left a grand impression on those who attended the concert.