Five students share their spring break plans

Whether it’s going on an extravagant trip or simply relaxing at home, there is one thing that students can agree on — spring break means a break from school.

These five students are saying goodbye to schoolwork and saying hello to vacation.

Olivia Chema, senior

IMAGE / Krista Staley
Senior Olivia Chema is traveling to Oahu, Hawaii, for spring break.

Where and with whom are you traveling during spring break? 

“I am traveling to Oahu, Hawaii, with my family, and senior Zach Moore’s family,” Chema said.

What are you planning to do on spring break that you are most excited about?

“I am excited to go cage diving with sharks because it is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” Chema said.

Spring break has been moved back one week compared to last year. How do you like the idea of having spring break earlier than in the past?

“I don’t really care because at least I won’t be here,” Chema said.

Mackenzie Atkinson, sophomore

IMAGE / Krista Staley
Sophomore Mackenzie Atkinson is going to Fort Myers, Fla., for spring break with the Kearsley softball program.

“I am traveling to Fort Myers, Florida, with the Kearsley softball program,” Atkinson said.

“I am most excited about getting to know my team better, as well as improving my skill and being able to play softball,” Atkinson said.

“I like having spring break earlier,” Atkinson said. “Having a break before all the business of April is nice.”

Bo Taylor, senior

IMAGE / Krista Staley
Senior Bo Taylor is excited to get out of the country and see the nature and nice views of Mexico.

“I am going to Chihuahua, Mexico, with my family,” Taylor said.

What are you planning to do on spring break that you are most excited about?

“To get out of the country and see the nature and nice views of Mexico,” Taylor said.

“As long as I get a spring break I am happy,” Taylor said. “It doesn’t matter much to me.”

Maribel Ascencio, senior

IMAGE / Krista Staley
Senior Maribel Ascencio is OK with spring break being a week earlier as long as it’s warm.

“I am going on a cruise to Key West, Florida, and Cozumel, Mexico, with senior Kirsten Bostwick,” Ascencio said.

“I am most excited to swim with dolphins and to snorkel,” Ascencio said.

“Anytime is OK with me as long as it’s warm,” Ascencio said.

Joe Elliott, senior 

IMAGE / Krista Staley
Senior Joe Elliott is excited to eat the pizza in New York.

“I am going to New York to see my grandmother and uncle with my mother,” Elliott said.

“I am most excited to eat the pizza because it is good there,” Elliott said. “I am also excited to go to the stores and see Times Square.”

“As I senior, I do not care because I’m not here much longer,” Elliott said.