Five seniors share their plans for the future

IMAGE / Jenna Robinson

The Class of 2019 is making plans for the future. Here are five seniors’ thoughts about what comes next after high school.

The days drag on, school work seems impossible, sleep is always on the mind — that’s right, the seniors have what has become known as “senioritis.”

The Class of 2019 is ready to be done with high school and is eager to take the next steps toward its future.

With graduation quickly approaching, seniors are bombarded with the question, “What are you going to do now?”

In this story, five seniors share their plans for after graduation.

Brooklynn Smith

IMAGE / Jenna Robinson
After graduation, senior Brooklynn Smith plans to join the Air Force for four years and then attend aviation school.

What college, branch of the military, training, or work do you plan on going into after you graduate?

“My plan after high school is to get in a bit of shape and join the Air Force for four years,” Smith said. “Once I’m done, I want to go to school using the G.I Bill and get a piloting license.”

What are you most excited about in your near future?

“I’m super excited for the future because I can’t wait to be independent and (to) be able to take care of myself and try new things,” Smith said.

What are you most nervous about when looking at life after graduation?

“I’m a bit nervous about the Air Force just due to the fact (that) it’s an entirely different environment, but I know I can handle it,” Smith said.

Jamarius Harris 

IMAGE / Jenna Robinson
Senior Jamarius Harris plans to become a dentist.

“I plan on attending the University of Detroit Mercy to obtain a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, (which is) the first step in becoming a dentist,” Harris said. “After that, I plan on attending dental school so I can become a dentist.”

“I’m most excited about becoming a better person by facing new challenges and overcoming any obstacles I will face,” Harris said.

“I’m most nervous about the unknown and not having an idea of what every day will hold and getting used to being on my own,” Harris said.

Mariah Ash

IMAGE / Jenna Robinson
Senior Mariah Ash is looking forward to meeting new people at Wayne State University.

“After I graduate, I am attending Wayne State University to major in pathology,” Ash said.

“I am excited to have more freedom on what classes I can have,” Ash said. “(I am also excited about) making new friends in college.”

“I am most nervous about being away from home and not being able to see them (my family) every day,” Ash said.

Kristopher Perry

IMAGE / Jenna Robinson
Senior Kristopher Perry plans on studying at Saginaw Valley State University to become a nurse.

“After I graduate, I plan on going to Saginaw Valley State University and I will do work study in the field of nursing,” Perry said.

“I am most excited about getting money because I will be able to give back to the community and help out those in need who aren’t as fortunate as I am,” Perry said.

“I am most nervous about the type of people that I will meet after graduation,” Perry said. “There are a lot of different people out there, and sometimes people aren’t exactly what they seem.”

Stephen White 

IMAGE / Jenna Robinson
Senior Stephen White is nervous for the costs that are attached to attending Kettering University for mechanical engineering.

“I plan on going to Kettering University for mechanical engineering,” White said.

“I’m excited to experience the college life,” White said, “and (to) get the Kettering work experience.”

“I’m most nervous about the cost of college because I’m a big saver and filling out student loans is nerve-racking,” White said.