The Beginning of Another End

The Beginning of Another End

Both the stress and excitement are going all around the school for the class of 2024. The time is winding down until the day  they step out of the high school for the very last time.

Every person has a different path for their career. Some might attend a college, university, or trade school for further education, while others might take a break from school for a little while. No matter which route you choose, you shouldn’t feel a certain way because of what others are doing. You shouldn’t feel like it isn’t enough. Everyone is different and college isn’t for everyone.

Senior, Alyvia Bombe is taking a unique route once she walks across the stage. She is going to Brazil with the International Volunteer HQ for the Carnaval Project. This project allows Bombe along with many others to get behind the scenes to organize one of the world’s biggest parties, Carnival. Carnival takes place in Rio once a year and Samba schools compete in it. There are many costumes, floats, music, and dances in this celebration.

She exclaims, “I am most excited to travel, see new things, and work with people who are just as passionate about planning for Carnival as I am.”

Bombe loves to plan and likes to know what is always coming up in her life. She always has a planner on her and it is full of activities and things she has to attend. Bombe has a busy life so this is what works best for her when her mind is running in circles.

Bombe was asked why she chose the route of leaving the country and she responded, “I knew I didn’t want to take the traditional route. I wanted to travel to find what my passions truly were.”

Senior, Drake Hollins is taking his academic excellence to Harvard University! Hollins not only got accepted into his dream college, but he also got a full ride. Everyone around him being proud of this accomplishment is an understatement.

Hollins is excited about this new chapter in his life. This is a dream come true for many people and he is one to live this out.

Hollins was asked what aspect of attending Harvard excites him the most and he remarked, “I’d say being in a new environment. Not only physically since Boston’s a lot different than Michigan, but also socially. I’ve met people from all over the world just in the orientation events, so I’m excited for all the different types of people I’ll get to interact with.”

Senior, Mark Lee III, is staying in the state to attend The University Of Michigan! Being a Wolverine in Ann Arbor is something you truly have to work for once you step into high school for the very first time.

Lee has done everything he needed to do to make this come true. Everyone has bumps in the road, but you always have to continue despite the circumstances, and that is exactly what Lee has done throughout his high school career.

Lee was asked how it feels to attend a university rated with one of the best health programs, he replied, “it feels great. I am looking forward to a great education that will further my aspersions on doing what I want to do in the future ahead of me.”

All three of these amazing human beings are excited for the chapter that is coming up after they walk the stage. They have worked hard for everything and they deserve nothing but the best.

No matter where you go after high school, it is still an accomplishment to walk the stage and receive your diploma.

Life is going to happen no matter what path you take. You could think the easiest route is going to be the best for you, but in the end, you will have just as many bumps in the road as someone who would take the hard route. All you have to do is take small steps at a time to achieve your dreams.

You reach the top of your own mountain, while other people reach the top of their own. Don’t worry about what journey other people are taking, just stay true to yourself and your individual goals.