Class Elections

As the school year comes to an end, class elections are an event that many anticipate. On Wednesday, May 17th, class elections were held.

Many students at KHS signed up to run for the President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary positions.

Class officers raise money for their class to afford all future events. These elections are for the 2023-2024 school year.

Freshman, Preston Boggs is running for sophomore class secretary.

“A lot of people want me to run for Secretary and I also want to. I do think that I would be a good secretary for our class,” Boggs states.

Freshman, Emma McCormick shares why she is running.

“I went for Treasurer because other roles felt too big for me, but I still wanted to participate in helping. I can handle the money and I can work to make our class good,” McCormick notes.

The students running are excited for the upcoming school year and want to be able to participate in being a class officer.

Sophomore, Savanna Rupert is running for Vice President.

“I’m running for Vice President because I want to be able to raise money for prom and make our class better,” Rupert exclaims.

Junior, Ava Boggs talks about why she is running to be a class officer.

“I am running to be Vice President because I feel like I can work well with everybody who would be on the board and especially helping the president with organizing,” Boggs mentions.

Junior, Levi Pray is running for secretary.

“I really like doing stuff to help my class and I’ve done similar work and it was really fun. I think I could benefit my class,” Pray commented.

The 2023-2024 school year has many students running who can benefit their class for the future.