Spring brings new beginnings for athletes

A new season is here, which means the winter sports are coming to an end with a new beginning for spring sports.

The week of March 6th-10th is considered the preseason down time period for the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA). All this means is the coaches can’t hold any conditioning practices for the players, they have to do it on their own time.

With that being said, it makes March 13th the official start of all high school spring sports.

Both the girls Junior Varsity and Varsity tennis teams have a match held in Imlay City on April 10th to kick off the season.

The J.V. and Varsity baseball teams begin their games at North Branch on March 22nd.

The Girls’ Varsity softball team swings their way into the season at Caro on March 23rd.

Sophomore, Lydia Jones talks about what she looks forward to this upcoming softball season.

“I am looking forward to making new connections with everyone and seeing where the team will take us this season,” spoke Jones.

Both the Girls’ and Boys’ Varsity track teams will be at Saginaw Valley State University on March 22nd.

Boys’ J.V. golf does not have an official match yet to start their season off, but the Varsity golf team does on April 11th at Fenton.

Lastly, the Girls’ Varsity soccer team has their first match here on our own field against Birch Run on April 4th.

Sophomore, Taylor Canamore speaks on what she is looking forward to this spring season.

“I’m looking forward to playing with all my friends and creating an even better bond with the team as a whole along with winning,” vocalized Canamore.

Every athlete who is playing in one of these sports are all looking forward to their season and hoping for the best outcomes.