Wrestling loses to Eagles, Martians

IMAGE / Mackenzie Atkinson

Freshmen Domink DiGenova throws his Goodrich opponent to the mat at the Clio Flint Metro League meet Wednesday, Feb. 5.

Wrestling traveled to Clio Wednesday, Feb. 5, losing to Linden 52-30 and falling to Goodrich 46-22.

Senior La’Ron Ruffin went undefeated, winning his first match by pin and the second 6-0. He had four nearfall points, four takedowns, and one reversal in total.

Also going undefeated, senior Trenton DiGenova won his matches by pin and a 16-1 decision. Overall, he had 17 nearfall points, four takedowns, two reversals, and two escapes.

Senior John Brown won his first match by pin and his second match 17-8 with five takedowns, four nearfall points, one reversal, and two escapes.

Wrestling only one match, senior Brandon Fisher lost by pin to a Linden grappler.

Junior Elija Garza lost both of his matches, the first 10-1 and the second 12-1. He only scored by escapes.

Sophomore Kaleb Gettings split his matches, losing the first by pin and the second by an 11-2 decision. He had two takedowns, two reversals, and six nearfall points.

Freshman Jacob Mosher won by void against the Eagles and lost by pin against the Martians.

Accumulating three takedowns on the night, freshman Dominik DiGenova won two matches, one by void and one via pin.

Freshman Keegan Doyle lost both of his matches by pin in the first period.

The wrestling team, 0-5, sits at the bottom of the Metro League’s stripes division.

The Hornets will swarm over to Linden for the Metro League tournament Saturday, Feb. 8.