Parish accepts offer from American Ninja Warrior

Back to Article
Back to Article

'American Ninja Warrior' is a game show where contestants compete in difficult obstacles to become the American Ninja Warrior.

IMAGE / Wikipedia

IMAGE / Wikipedia

IMAGE / Wikipedia

This year, not only will Senior Halle Parish get ready to graduate high school and attend Trinity International University to play softball, she will also be on television this summer.

Earlier this school year, Parish applied to be on the hit television show “American Ninja Warrior,” but she never expected to receive a call, let alone be invited to compete in the regional qualifying round.

“I was looking for a challenge and something fun to do,” Parish said. “I loved the show and decided to send in a application, although I never thought it would go anywhere as there’s over 75,000 applicants, but I received a call from a producer asking me to attend a regional qualifying round in Cincinnati, Ohio, on May 24th through 25th.”

Parish’s softball coach, Mr. Ron March is ecstatic about her being on the show and feels it will not only give her a great experience but will also prepare her for college softball.

IMAGE / Elizabeth Ashley
Senior Halle Parish will compete at the ‘American Ninja Warrior’ regional qualifying round May 24 and 25.

“I feel Halle has great potential on the show,” March said. “She’s a star on the varsity softball team, and I’m sure this show will teach her great discipline and better prepare her physically and mentally for college softball.”

Senior Jacee Sword, teammate and friend, believes Parish has no problem competing for the top.

“I have no doubt in my mind that Halle is going to make it past the regional round and move on to national finals,” Sword said. “She’s strong and doesn’t quit — no matter how tough it may be. That’s why she’s top dog in softball. Hopefully, she’s as competitive in the competitions as she is during our games.”

If Parish completes the regional qualifying round, she will move on to the national finals, where she will be competing in Las Vegas for first place.

“I’m excited to compete,” Parish said. “I want to try and go past the regional round and on to Las Vegas for nationals. If I win nationals, my life will definitely be complete.”

Although she’s nervous, Parish feels anything is possible and motivates others to do things outside their comfort zone.

“If Claire Oullette didn’t push me to send an application in, I would have never been here,” Parish said. “I was scared at first when I was told that I was accepted, but I definitely suggest everyone tries something new, even if you may be scared at first.”

Disclaimer — This story is made up and is completely fictitious. Don’t believe a word of it. April Fools!

About the Contributor
Elizabeth Ashley, Reporter

Birthday: January 3, 2001

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, writing poems, makeup, cheer, drawing, painting, and interior designing.

Favorite Quote: "I...