Taiwanese exchange student appreciates kindliness of America

IMAGE / Courtesy of Ruei-Chun Wang

Senior Ruei-Chun Wang is seen standing with his family in Taiwan. Sister Audrey Wang (l to r), father Mr. William Wang, Rui-Chang himself, and mother Mrs. Sabrina Wang.

Leaving the place that you call home to go to a different country is a huge change in lifestyle, yet thousands of students do exactly that every year.

Senior Ruei-Chun Wang, a foreign exchange student from Taiwan, is one of these students.

Wang came to the United States in hopes of furthering his education in another country, as well as to experience the American culture.

“It is a dream of mine to learn other languages and experience different cultures,” Wang said. “English is also an international language and can be used all over the world.”

Wang lives with his host family, including Mr. Joesph Palverinta, host father, and senior Artem Palverinta, his host brother.

Back in Taiwan, Wang lives with his own family, Mr. and Mrs. William and Sabrina Wang, and his sister Audrey Wang.

Wang has enjoyed his experience in America.

“Everyone I have met here is always so nice,” Wang said. “I also really like the weather here. It’s great.”

Things differ greatly in the United States compared to Taiwan, especially the food.

“The food in Taiwan is a lot better, it’s not as salty and more spicy than American food,” Wang said.

IMAGE / Colton Joseph
Senior Ruei-Chun Wang, an exchange student from Taiwan, has been enjoying his time spent in America meeting new people.

When he returns home, he will miss the people he has met here, including his friends and host family.

While in America, Wang has spent his days trying new things such as making new friends and improving his English.

Once the school year comes to an end, Wang will be returning home to reunite with his family.