Hunt’s classes share Valentine’s Day love with fourth-graders

IMAGE / Mrs. Rae Puffer
Mrs. Rae Puffer’s fourth-grade class holds up the Valentine’s Day cards they received from Mrs. Diane Hunt’s psychology, sociology, and math students at KHS.

Ms. Diane Hunt, psychology, sociology, and math teacher, has had her students make Valentine’s Day cards for Mrs. Rae Puffer’s fourth-grade class.

In the past, Hunt’s classes have made Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas cards for Puffer’s class.

Puffer’s students were happy to see that their friends from the high school had once again reached out to them.

“The students were, again, excited to see the cards but very surprised that a different student made them a card,” Puffer said. “They’ve always had the same student making them a card for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.”

The fourth-graders were interested in what was on their Valentine’s card and enjoyed the variety of things the KHS students put into them.

“The students liked the creativity and the pictures that were on their cards the best,” Puffer said.

My favorite part of the students receiving the cards is the smile that they bring to my student’s faces.

— Mrs. Rae Puffer, fourth-grade teacher

While the children love their cards made by their older friends, Puffer also likes to see her students with their cards.

“My favorite part of the students receiving the cards is the smile that they bring to my student’s faces,” Puffer said.

The point of sending cards to younger students is to make the students feel accepted and cared for by the teenagers.

This has definitely worked and has made a large impact on the children.

“They feel a real connection with the high school students too,” Puffer said. “They were excited to make cards and write letters back to their new friends.”