Hornets Nest now features an item-of-the-week sale

IMAGE / Amellia Vasquez-Collins

Senior Zach Groulx is a student sales associate at the Hornets Nest.

The Hornets Nest began holding a “Featured Item of the Week” sale as of Jan. 12.

This week, the sale featured tennis T-shirts for 20 percent off.

The sale will continue every week for the rest of the school year. Mrs. Kim Guest and retail students hope to see it bring more traffic into the store. If it does, the “Featured Item of the Week” sale may continue into next year.

Senior Zach Groulx, a student sales associate at the Hornets Nest, said students need to visit the Hornets Nest to see the sale.

“Every week we’ll have a different product on sale,” Groulx said. “It varies per week, so you’ll have to come into the Hornets Nest to check it out.”

The featured items will start off with T-shirts of specific sports and, if successful, will feature other items in the future.

Next week the sale will feature golf T-shirts.

Junior Jonathan McKay said he has shopped at the Hornets Nest once for attire and purchased a fleece with a Kearsley logo on it.

“I would be more inclined to buy things if there was a sale on a specific item,” McKay said.

Senior Josh Etue would not be much more inclined to spend money on any attire from the Hornets Nest, even if it was on sale.

“I have car insurance and other expenses to pay for,” Etue said. “I don’t feel like it’s a necessity. Depending on how cheap the price was, I might buy it.”