Music runs the world for senior Alexis Fidler

Senior+Alexis+Fidler+enjoys++playing+her+music.+

IMAGE / Ms. Denise Harrison

Senior Alexis Fidler enjoys playing her music.

Senior Alexis Fidler is a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, charming girl. Her smile has a way to brighten up anyone’s day.

Her personality glows and she enjoys being happy. Her favorite quote is just proof of that — “Smile big, breathe, and love the little things,” Fidler said.

Fidler, in some ways, is like every other teen. Her hobbies include singing, writing meaningful quotes on Tumblr, and taking long walks with her dog Spike.

She is friendly to all and has a big heart. Her family and friends are important to her.

One of Fidler’s best friends, KHS alumna Summer Johnson, enjoys being around her.

“She’s one of the nicest people I’ve ever met,” Johnson said. “She’s super friendly and bubbly. She’s a great friend.”

Fidler’s music is what truly makes her stand out in the crowd. She spends all her spare time singing and writing her own music.

Instrument-wise, Fidler plays bass guitar, six-string acoustic, 12-string acoustic, and the ukulele.

Fidler’s mom, Mrs. Adrienne Fidler, emphasizes Alexis’ passion for music.

IMAGE / Ms. Denise Harrison
Senior Alexis Fidler poses with her prized possession, her ukulele.

“She loves her music and I will say it’s one of the driving forces of her life,” Adrienne said.”I honestly think she always has a song going through her head because she hears songs differently than everyone else.”

A Capella class, taught by Mrs. Renee Kotzian, allows Fidler to grow her voice and overall knowledge of music. It also happens to be her favorite hour of the day.

“Music is what feelings sound like,” Fidler said.”Kotzian will always be my favorite teacher because she makes sure everyone is on the same page and she’s always willing to give a helping hand.”

Fidler said she can’t pinpoint where her love of music began, but she knows it’s going to be something serious.

“I had the dream, ever since I was a little kid, that I was born to be a rock star,” Fidler said. “I knew that when high school came around I couldn’t imagine doing anything else.”

Fidler is taking steps to accomplish her dream by attending The Genesee Career Institute or GCI during the school day.

GCI is a program for high school students in Genesee County that gets them ready for the work force and lets students earn college credits.

Fidler attends GCI to study digital media arts, or DMA. She majors in music production and minors in filmmaking.

After graduation, she plans to enroll at Mott Community College to continue her studies in DMA.

IMAGE / Ms. Denise Harrison
Senior Alexis Fidler tries to make each day the best it can be.

Her plan is to become a singer-songwriter or to direct her own movies.

“The big-time movies that are shot in Michigan call the Mott Film Department for students,” Fidler said. “Even with the smallest of jobs, it still gives us opportunity and experience.”

Fidler is determined to make the best of each situation.

“I try my hardest to make sure everything turns out,” she said. “But if it doesn’t, I always try again.”