Watching football is a great fall activity for students

IMAGE / Emily Rose

Junior Emily Jones enjoys spending time with friends and dressing up for football games.

When you think of fall, you think of warm sweaters, pumpkins, and Friday night football games.

Fall is not complete until you sit through a football game with your friends. It’s easy to imagine yourself sitting there all cuddled up in a warm jacket or blanket drinking hot cocoa with friends, hearing the band playing the fight song and cheering with the cheerleaders.

Junior Emily Jones likes football games because she gets to hang with friends outside of school.

“I enjoy doing crowd cheers and dressing up for the different themes,” Jones said. “It makes us all look really cute.”

Going to high school football games is, in theory, about watching football, but most students go to hang out with friends and to get in the mood for pumpkin spice lattes and fall scented candles.

Sophomore Maliki Hager enjoys watching the football players so he can tell them how they can improve their techniques to win more games in the future. He also enjoys going to hang with friends, as many students do.

IMAGE / Emily Rose
Sophomore Cole Zemore looks forward to performing with the band at football games.

For some students, going to the games is not an option, it’s a grade.

Sophomore Cole Zemore is part of the school’s marching band. The band plays pep tunes at every home varsity football game and perform at halftime.

This year the band plays an arrangement of Green Day music for the halftime performance.

Zemore said being part of the band is fun.

“I really like performing at halftime and chilling with my band friends,” Zemore said.