Spielmaker dreams of flying high

Senior Wiliam Spielmaker sits in the cockpit of a plane at Western Michigan University's aviation facility. Spielmaker plans on attending WMU and studying aviation.

IMAGE / Mr. Thomas Spielmaker

IMAGE / Mr. Thomas Spielmaker

Most young children dream of doing wild things, such as having night vision, or flying.

Senior Wiliam Spielmaker wants to make that dream come true.

Spielmaker plans to attend Western Michigan University to study aviation.

“It started when I realized I loved roller coasters,” Spielmaker said. ” My first time even setting foot in an airplane was when I was 5.  Being in an airplane, soaring through the air, thousands of feet above the ground, is an experience unlike any other.”

Spielmaker’s family is his two older sisters Kaitlyn and Sydney, his father Thomas, and stepmother Mary. Also, he has attended Kearsley his entire school career.

Spielmaker used passion when talking about his time at Kearsley.

My sister Sydney has been a huge impact on me. She proved that anyone — no matter how they’ve grown up — can stand up and grasp their future in the palm of their hand.”

— Wiliam Spielmaker, senior

“My overall experience was tumultuous,” he said. “It was a mix of good and bad days that were filled with teen drama, status quo updates, and special events.”

While reminiscing on his high school career, Spielmaker mentioned one of his sister’s impact.

“My sister Sydney has been a huge impact on me,” Spielmaker said. “She proved that anyone — no matter how they’ve grown up — can stand up and grasp their future in the palm of their hand.”

Spielmaker was involved in a variety of school courses, including the marching band, French 5, and Calculus.

Senior Dylan Phelps believes Spielmaker will go far in life.

“I’ve known Wil since the second grade,” Phelps said. ” I think his smarts will take him to the moon.”

IMAGE / Courtesy of Mrs. Brenda Duplanty
Senior Wiliam Spielmaker has played saxophone for six years and plans to continue after high school.

Spielmaker works part-time at taco Bell and takes great pride in his job and team members.

In addition, he gives credit to his close friends.

“They are always encouraging me. They’re always telling me if I get an opportunity to go for it or being there when I need them for support,” Spielmaker said. “They never fail to show me there’s good things coming, even if I’m not seeing them.”

Senior Shelby Wiley, Spielmaker’s close friend, is excited to see where he will go in life.

“I believe Wil has the potential to do anything he puts his mind to for the sole purpose that he never gives up, even when he becomes discouraged,” Wiley said. “I would consider him as someone who is adventurous and takes healthy risks. He is determined to reach his goals, and I don’t think he will let anything stop him”

Spielmaker is excited to pursue his dream with the support of all his friends and family.

“It’s not everyday that a college student has full support from their family members, as well as my stepmother. She has been so involved in my college plans, as if she were my mother,” he said. “Like I said earlier, my friends are always telling me that there is nothing holding me back. I can’t wait to take off for the first time and chase my dreams.”

1 Comment

One Response to “Spielmaker dreams of flying high”

1. Lance Blight on May 24th, 2017 2:34 pm

I graduated ’16 and I’m in the program right now. If he’s got questions he can message me.

[Reply]

*

• Spielmaker dreams of flying high

Showcase

The Eclipse signs off for the summer

• Spielmaker dreams of flying high

Student Life

Kyle Palka balances school, sports, work

• Spielmaker dreams of flying high

Student Life

Kyle Langworthy, Stephanie Lane work hard for their relationship

• Spielmaker dreams of flying high

Sports

Football touches the life of Dylan Buschur

• Spielmaker dreams of flying high

Student Life

Jamarius Harris helps, influences friends

• Spielmaker dreams of flying high

Student Life

My summer will begin with a slow, steady recovery

• Spielmaker dreams of flying high

Student Life

Dogs bring joy to people’s lives

• Spielmaker dreams of flying high

News

The Eclipse modifies its publishing schedule

• Spielmaker dreams of flying high

A&E

This summer, tackle these five books for good reads

• Spielmaker dreams of flying high

A&E

Choir students work through issues, sing beautifully at pop concert

Spielmaker dreams of flying high