Robotics needs members with various talents

IMAGE / Kayla Smith

Seniors Gabe Carnes (left) and Lindsay Nofs lead KHS’ robotics team through the homecoming parade.

The robotics team is looking for new members to enter this year’s competition season.

Anyone is welcome to join, but underclassman are encouraged.

Those who want to join or are thinking about it can check out any of the meetings.

An informational meeting will be held in the Media Center on Thursday, Dec. 10, at 6 p.m.

The meeting is for parents and students.

Regular meetings are every Monday and Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Burgtorf.

Robotics needs more members to be involved in some of the diverse tasks included with the program besides building the robot.

Senior Lindsay Nofs said,”Our team has both technical and non-technical positions available.”

Other than building the robot, there is spirit, scouting, social media, photo/video, electrical, programming, business and financial areas that need focused members.

The build season starts Saturday, Jan. 9, and goes until Feb. 23.

Developing a business plan is something we need to work on, and we really need students interested in business to carry that out

— Mrs. Cindy Carnes, team mentor

Mrs. Cindy Carnes, team mentor, said the team is looking for students with a business education background.

“Developing a business plan is something we need to work on, and we really need students interested in business to carry that out,” Carnes said.

The meeting is an effort to get those who are interested in robotics involved.

Senior Michael Fitzgerald said, “We love new people.”