Homecoming Parade 2023!

Kearsley Marching Band

Another year, another parade! During October we have many festivities that go on throughout the month. One of these activities is the Kearsley Homecoming Parade.

Many different sports and clubs are involved in the parade each year. One of the teams that walked in the parade performing cheers was the Kearsley Varsity Cheer Team.

Sophomore, Taylor Douglas, has been involved in the parade for many years performing cheers. When asked her favorite cheer, Douglas replied, “Blue Forever because it is one of our new cheers we have.”

At the front of the parade is the Kearsley Marching Band. Each year they ask the alumni marching band students to march alongside them in the parade.

Band alumna, Autumn Root, loves to be involved with the Kearsley marching band. She had previously participated in the KHS band before she graduated. When asked why she chose to come back and be in the march this year, she answered, “to relive the experience of being in high school.”

Each grade here at KHS has their own class president. I chose to ask the freshman class president since it was his first year in high school, he was asked about how he is liking it so far.

Freshman, Conner Langworthy expressed, “I think it is very calm and more relaxing than the middle school.” When asked if he would run again next year and why, Langworthy answered, “yes because I feel like me and a couple others have done very good with building the float and planning out homecoming.”

Many people can’t wait to watch or be a part of future Kearsley Parades!