Dear Freshmen…

Letter+

IMAGE / Wikimedia

Letter

Alright Freshmen, you’ve still got a long way to go. But when you think about it, life gets faster as you get older. So think about this, everything rides on what you do with your life now, there is no going back to fix your mistakes or complete work.

You are in one of the easiest years of high school.  Honestly, I am glad to be a senior, but I wish I would’ve stayed on top of every assignment from when I was a freshman because I missed out on many opportunities by slacking.

10th grade is a turning point. People start maturing and everything is more relaxed than before.

“The new layout becomes a routine, like I was able to adjust from new things, and realize that things are important when it comes down to it,”  said sophomore Saul Granados.

Then comes junior year: The hardest grade by far. Stress from difficult math classes,  Chemistry, and Advanced Placement classes. Not to mention, the most important test of a high school student’s career, the SAT and ACT. This is only a quarter of high school, but it definitely feels the longest.

“Graduation is so close, yet so far,” junior Richard Barber states, ”I plan on going to trade school to become an electrician.”

12th grade… It’s over. The best year for most high school students. You get to enjoy things like senior night, prom, graduation, and starting to think like an adult. Classes are different, there’s so much going on yet so little. You have to plan for college or other future paths, thinking about graduation, but most importantly, jobs.

“It’s better because I’m on a downhill slope to starting my life and beginning new adventures,” explained senior Kennedy Smith.

These high school years are going to fly by. Everybody said it and I never believed it, but it’s crazy that I’m about to graduate. It’s crazy that one day I will never walk these halls again or have a school lunch again.

There’s nothing you can do about it, but as long as you make memories and have fun, you should be able to make it through just fine. Keep up on your grades, and you will have a lot of free time to do whatever you want. But just remember to give effort toward everything you do and enjoy it while you can.