The future for Kearlsey students

Different+futures+

IMAGE / Las Vegas District Library

Different futures

From the time we are about 5 or 6 our parents and relatives ask us what we want to be when we grow up.

And at that age, some of us might have said a princess, a teacher, or in my case someone who takes care of babies.

But now we are grown up and when our parents ask us this, they expect a legitimate answer. Something we actually might consider doing.

I spoke to some of the juniors here at Kearsley High School and here is what they had to say:

Junior Nathan Cunningham wants to be a helping hand in the world after high school.

“When I leave high school I want to help people in the best possible way. I plan on becoming a psychiatrist to help better as many people as I can mentally. I want to help people.”

Junior Alexis Root plans to beautify the world one makeup brush stroke at a time.

“I wanna open a salon with my mom and be a makeup artist and work in cosmetology, and I want my business to be successful.”

Junior Maria Brown is setting up for a more adventurous life after high school.

“When I graduate, I plan on enlisting in the Navy. I don’t want to go to school after I graduate because I want to see the world. My goal is to see more in life while still being able to be a sailor. I want to be the best version of myself and fulfill my dreams, and I think I can do that with my future plans,” says Brown.

Potential fills the hallways of Kearsley. Some of us are going miles away, some are staying close. But each person can achieve their dreams if they work hard enough.

“If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.” -Ellen Johnson Sirleaf