New office is open for business

IMAGE / Riley Paris

The new office and entrance to KHS will be seen by anyone entering the building.

KHS got the face-lift it deserved.

The renovated front office is now in full use.

The new office and entrance are up to date with all new materials, including one-way access to the building to increase school safety.

In addition, there are new offices for the administration and staff who work in the front office.

The office staff was excited to move out of the classrooms they have resided in for the last six months and into their new work areas.

IMAGE / Riley Paris
This wall art can be seen in the waiting area of the new KHS entrance.

Mr. Matt Moore, assistant principal, said that being in the new office will have a different feeling for him.

“It brings a certain nostalgic feeling being back up there,” Moore said.

Mrs. Angie Ayre, administrative and attendance secretary, said she has looked forward to the change.

“I’m very excited to be back,” Ayre said. “I miss being in a centralized location.”

While being out of the office, staff members were split up into different classrooms.

This was hard on staff members, administration, and students alike.

Mrs. Sue Murray, administrative secretary, said she’s ready to be in a renovated office.

“The convenience of being back in the middle of things is what I miss the most,” Murray said. “I also miss the interaction with staff and students because no one wants to walk all the way down here (to the science wing).”

Being in the middle of the school makes it easier for staff and students to walk to the office and talk to the office staff.

Mr. Brian Boudreau, dean of students, said he’s ready to walk shorter distances.

“Being centralized means I don’t have long walks to go anywhere in the school,” Boudreau said.

Not only is the new office helpful for the staff, but it also has new safety precautions such as using buzzers and having a security guard posted at the entrance.

People who are coming into the school will have to get buzzed in to enter the building.

They will also have to be buzzed into any of the other doors in the entryway.

Visitors must sign in as well.

The office is also made of new materials. The walls are made of steel and the floors are made of epoxy.

IMAGE / Riley Paris
The new office is where students, staff, and parents will sign in and out as visitors and students.

Mr. Brian Wiskur, principal, said the new office is an improvement.

“With the old office, I was almost embarrassed for other schools to come to the high school,” Wiskur said.

But with the new office being more eye-appealing and polished, it truly is something to be proud of.