’13 Reasons Why’ fans await second season

This article contains spoilers.

Netflix original “13 Reasons Why” is releasing its second season on Friday, May 18.

Many fans have been waiting for it to arrive.

“13 Reasons Why” is about a teenage girl named Hannah Baker who goes through many adversities and decides to take her own life.

In the second season, we will see what happens to everyone on Hannah’s tapes.

The original cast, 11 new characters, and even Baker, herself, will make appearances through flashbacks.

Junior Morgan Jones is ready for season two to come out.

“I want to see what happens with the tapes and what is going to happen to the people in them,” Jones said.

The first season left us with a cliff-hanger, and there are many things we need to find out.

The characters will be going through many tribulations in season two.

The trial in which the parents sue the school will show us what happens to all of the characters.

We will also see what happens to them after Hannah’s parents see the tapes and, after the trial, we will see if Hannah and Jessica get justice after being taken advantage of by Bryce Walker.

We will also see who left in the ambulance at the end of season one.

I don’t know how to feel about the second season yet, but I am curious to know about some major events that occurred, such as the ambulance incident.

— Ryan Jackson, freshman

There are many things coming in season two.

Freshman Ryan Jackson is curious to see what happens to the character who was in the ambulance.

“I don’t know how to feel about the second season yet, but I am curious to know about some major events that occurred, such as the ambulance incident,” Jackson said. “Also, I don’t believe some of the people who got tapes should have gotten them.”

The show hit audiences with many controversial topics people in our society need to talk about.

There are many emotional moments in the show. It brings up topics like rape, homosexuality, bullying, suicide, and drugs.

After the first season was released, many schools sent out warnings to parents about how the show “glorified suicide.”

According to the National Association of School Psychologists the show was bad for young people to watch.

The NASP gave guidance to educators, families, and students on its website in regard to the show.

“It’s powerful storytelling may lead impressionable viewers to romanticize the choices made by the characters and/or develop revenge fantasies,” the NASP website read. “They may easily identify with the experiences portrayed and recognize both the intentional and unintentional effects on the central character.”

The show showed us how painful suicide is and how it impacts people’s lives.

The people in the show pushed a girl until she felt her only resort was to take her own life. The show taught its viewers how little things people say or do can really impact someone’s life.

Freshman Kenda Barrett has many predictions of what is to come in the second season.

“I think there’s going to be another set of tapes,” Barrett said. “I feel like Hannah’s parents will get furious about the people on the tapes and sue. I think the parent’s will also move from the town and try to begin a new life somewhere else.”

I think there’s going to be another set of tapes.

— Kenda Barrett, freshman

While the book stopped after tape 13, the show will continue the story.

The book was written by Jay Asher, while the show was adapted to Netflix by Brian Yorkey.

Selena Gomez also took part in bringing the show to life.

Many people are thrilled that there is going to be a second season of this Netflix original.