New security guard has spent years working in the field

IMAGE / Ashley Harroun

Mr. Craig Anglin (right), security guard, is excited to work at KHS and help the students and staff..

Mr. Craig Anglin is the new KHS security guard and has plenty of experience in the field.

Anglin previously worked as a security policeman in the Air Force for eight years. This led to other job opportunities in security, one working in the security department at Mercy College of Detroit.

“I transferred in there (Mercy College of Detroit), graduated, and worked there. It was very fun,” Anglin said. “I got a chance to get to know students in a way others didn’t.”

Anglin attended school at Mercy and received tuition reimbursement for working as a security guard.

After college graduation, Anglin worked as a GM security supervisor in several plants throughout the Detroit area for 16 years.

Now that he is here, Anglin is excited to be working with Kearsley’s staff and students.

“I like being back at high school,” Anglin said. “I wasn’t the best high school student, and it gives me a chance to see all I missed.”

The nice thing about working in security is you can help people in a timely way. When you need security, you need it now.

— Mr. Craig Anglin, security guard

The day-to-day duties of Anglin include monitoring student behavior throughout the halls, students that enter and exit the school, and traffic in the parking lot.

“The nice thing about working in security is you can help people in a timely way,” Anglin said. “When you need security, you need it now.”

Being a security guard is something Anglin takes joy in, along with helping people and stopping conflicts from getting any worse.

Anglin takes his job seriously and said “keeping people secure” and “seeing things that might be a problem and trying to prevent that from happening” is important to him.