Kearsley staff’s children explored their parents’ world

IMAGE / Gracen Nelson

Mrs. Colene Wilcox and her daughter Adelynn hang out on take your child to work day Thursday, April 28.

Every year there is one day where parents are encouraged to bring their children to work with them.

Some children are ecstatic, while others would rather endure a regular school day.

This year, a few Kearsley employees brought their children.

Mr. Andy Nester brought his youngest daughter, Lila Nester.

Lila walked around the school meeting several teachers and students.

“Going to choir was my favorite part,” Lila said.

Lila got to visit choir, journalism, marketing, science labs, and several other classes.

Lila Nester met some of her dad's students, seniors Colleen Desrochers and Bri Finley.
IMAGE / Hannah Coon
Lila Nester met some of her dad’s students, seniors Colleen Desrochers and Bri Finley.

There was even a birthday party in journalism that Lila was invited to with donuts and cookies.

Mrs. Sally Brandt, also brought her granddaughter, Brooklyn Zaneske.

Lila and Brooklyn are the same age and they got to meet.

Brooklyn spent the day with her grandma working in her office and in the media center.

“It is nice getting to show her around here,” Brandt said.

Brooklyn liked to help put books away for a little bit but after awhile she got tired of it.

Mrs. Sally Brandt and her granddaughter, Brooklyn Zaneske put away books in the media center.
IMAGE / Hannah Coon

Mrs. Colene Wilcox also spent the day showing her daughter, Adelynn Wilcox around.

Adelynn hung out in Wilcox’s room for most of the day and got to experience what her mom’s day is like.

Take your child to work day was a success for all the girls that visited.

Students and staff smiled and waved at the girls throughout the day.

Many students were excited to meet them because their teachers had talked so much about their children.