Girls’ basketball loses to Clio

IMAGE / Mr. David Fairman

Freshman Zaria Mitchner (No. 3) drives around a ball screen set by freshman Mackenzie Ramey in a game against Clio on Friday, Jan. 22.

The girls’ basketball team took to the court against the Clio Mustangs on Friday, Jan. 22. Unfortunately the game resulted in a loss, 55-33.

The Hornets struggled to get going offensively in the first half, only scoring six points in the first quarter and 11 in the second. At the end of the first half, Kearsley trailed Clio 25-17

Junior Brandi Morgan led the Hornets, scoring nine points with two 3-pointers and three from the field.

Senior Diane Bond was a force on offense, scoring eight points with two 3-pointers and two free throws. Bond also contributed defensively with four rebounds and two steals.

Senior Emalie Lewis also made herself known by scoring seven points.

At the start of the second half, Kearsley still struggled to get the ball rolling, scoring five points in the third quarter. Clio was unstoppable, scoring 30 points in the second half.

With the loss, the Hornets’ record dropped to 2-9 overall and 0-6 in Metro League play.

The Hornets look to break their losing streak when they host Linden on Tuesday Jan. 26 at 7 p.m.