DECA students return from competition in Florida

IMAGE / Tiarra Taylor

Mrs. Kim Guest, DECA adviser, accompanied her students to Florida for their DECA trip.

DECA students returned from their School-based Enterprise competition in Florida on April 28 competing against 17,000 students from all around the world.

Junior Kate Weycker, Senior Zachree Groulx, and Senior Kaitlin Dormire attended this year’s competition and had a great time.

Not only did they compete, but they also got to visit Universal Studios, along with Disney World.

Weycker said she had a great time meeting new people, as well as having exciting things to do, like enjoying Universal Studios and Disney World.

“We met a lot of people,” Weycker said. “It was fun.”

Although the students did compete, they did not qualify for further competition because they did not make it to the top 20.

Students in the competition represented several nations and territories, including Canada, Mexico, China, Guam, the United States, and Puerto Rico.

Mrs. Kim Guest, DECA adviser, thinks that going to Florida was a great time.

“We had fun, but we were very tired because we had non-stop meetings, competitions, and closing sessions,” Guest said.

Guest also enjoyed going to Disney World.

“We got to go to Disney World three times for five to six hours at a time,” Guest said, “and we also went to Universal Studios who had a private party just for the members of DECA.”