Students can get cheap tickets to The Whiting’s upcoming shows

‘Mamma Mia!’ opens in late May

Performance season at The Whiting is just about to begin, with six upcoming shows.

First off is the Literature to Life‘s presentation of “The Secret Life of Bees,” happening on April 28 at 7 p.m. All tickets are $30.

There is also a student option that applies to all performances: for $12 each, students age 16 and older with valid student ID can purchase tickets to the best seats available on the day of the performance, two per student. However, tickets are limited.

Set in the civil right’s movement, 14-year-old Lily Melissa Owens’ search for the truth about her mother who died when she was 4 leads her to three sisters who are beekeepers. She then begins to learn the true meaning of family.

Next is Jack Hanna‘s “Into the Wild,” premiering on May 1.

“Jungle Jack Hanna” will showcase his favorite animals as he exaggerates the importance of wildlife conservation. Tickets are $19 to $45.

Coming up May 5 is Chris McDougall‘s presentation of his novel “Natural Born Heroes.”

The event will take place on May 5 at 7:30 p.m., and all tickets are $30.

Starting at 6 p.m., McDougall will host a “Fun Run,” a “Good Form Running Workshop,” a “Wild Fitness” workshop, and parkour demonstrations, and afterward, McDougall and his team of heroes will be available for a meet and greet.

Next up will be “Nothin But Love,” a drama about a manifestation of forgiveness following four couples through the ups and downs of their relationships.

The performance will take place on May 9 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25-$53.

“Rain:A Tribute to The Beatles,” a musical journey through the life of the world’s most celebrated band, where Rain attempts to recreate the Beatles concert atmosphere, is set to take place on May 12 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets cost $29-$55.

Finally, “Mamma Mia!” is returning to The Whiting. The show opens on May 29 at 8 p.m., with a second show on May 30 at 2 p.m., and a third at 8 p.m.

Written by Catherine Johnson, a series of events unfold on a Greek island paradise. A daughter goes on a mission to discover who her father really is, bringing three men from her mother’s past back to the island they last visited 20 years ago.

With more productions playing internationally than any other musical, “Mamma Mia!” is the world’s No. 1 show. Tickets are $29-$69.

To see other events, go to Flinttown.com.