Kearsley will supply technology in future school years

IMAGE / Elizabeth Taylor

Beginning in fall 2020, all Kearsley students will be issued an electronic device.

Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, Kearsley has made changes to allow remote learning to be done without hassle if a situation arises.

Beginning in Fall 2020, Kearsley will issue each student an electronic device to allow them to connect with Kearsley staff in the event of an emergency, as well as to do daily assignments.

The district plans to allow middle and high school students to take the devices home on a regular basis for homework and other school-related activities, while the kindergarten and elementary student’s devices will be left at school.

Outfitting every student with technology is called 1:1 computing, a practice becoming more popular after the COVID-19 quarantine.

Freshman Hannah Pollick feels that the plan will be helpful for her and other students.

“If there are things that you need to do at home and you don’t have devices of your own it could help so that you wouldn’t have to struggle to try to afford or get it,” Pollick said. “While some kids may have an easy time accessing electronics at home, there are many others who may not be able to as easily.”