Parish signs with Trinity to play softball

IMAGE / Courtesy of Halle Parish

Senior Halle Parish signed her National Letter of Intent with Trinity International University on Wednesday, Feb. 27, to play softball. Parish’s mom, Mrs. Juana Parish (l to r,) Coach Ron March, Coach Scott Oullette, and Parish’s dad, Mr. Ryan Parish, came to show their support.

Softballs, bats, bases, and a supportive team — on and off the field — have surrounded senior Halle Parish since she was 8 years old.

All of Parish’s hard work paid off as she signed her National Letter of Intent with Trinity International University on Wednesday, Feb. 27.

Parish said she is proud of the work she has put into playing softball.

“I love the feeling of accomplishment because I’ve been working at getting better in this sport my whole life and it always pays off one way or another, either in a game or signing to my college,” Parish said.

Parish’s love for the sport has only grown more as she has grown older.

Parish said she is ready for the next step in her softball career.

IMAGE / Courtesy of Halle Parish
Coach Ron March (back left,) junior Claire Oullette (l to r,) freshman Bella Roberts, freshman Adri Callahan, senior Jacee Sword, and Coach Scott Oullette surround senior Halle Parish (middle) as she signs her National Letter of Intent on Wednesday, Feb. 27, to play softball at Trinity International University.

“I’m excited to take on higher levels of competition,” Parish said. “I feel like it’ll push me to keep getting better. I’m excited to play with different people and experience new things.”

When Parish visited the TIU campus in Deerfield, Ill., she knew it was the right fit for her.

“I visited (the campus) and literally fell in love with every aspect of this school,” Parish said. “(The) campus was beautiful and everyone was so nice to each other. It was like a tight-knit family. All the girls that play were so sweet, and it felt like a home. It was so diverse also, and I love that it’s by the city (Chicago).”

At her signing, Parish was surrounded by her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Ryan and Juana Parish; her coaches, Mr. Ron March and Mr. Scott Oullete; TIU athletics director, Ms. Heather Logue; Kearsley athletics director, Mr. Eric Doyle; and many of her friends and teammates.

I’m so proud of the strong player and person she has become. I know she will be beyond successful at Trinity playing softball and whatever else she does in life.

— Jacee Sward, senior

Parish said she is thankful for her support system.

“I’m super happy (that) my coaches, friends, and family have pushed me to get to this point,” Parish said. “They’re a really important part of my journey, and I love every single one of them.”

Senior Jacee Sword, friend and teammate, said she is grateful for Parish’s camaraderie.

“I’m very proud of Halle,” Sword said. “We have played together since we were 8 years old. I’m so proud of the strong player and person she has become. I know she will be beyond successful at Trinity playing softball and whatever else she does in life. I’m going to miss my throwing partner.”

Parish’s parents have been her biggest supporters throughout her softball career.

“My dad and mom influenced me the most because they pushed me to get better every day and work hard at what I love doing,” Parish said. “They took me to all my games all over the state and spent a lot of time and money to help me achieve my dreams.”

IMAGE / Courtesy of Halle Parish
Senior Halle Parish (right) signs her letter of intent with Trinity International University Athletics Director Heather Logue on Wednesday, Feb. 27, to play softball.

Parish’s parents are both overjoyed of their daughter’s accomplishments.

“We are very proud of Halle because she doesn’t shy away from a challenge,” Mr. Parish said.

Parish’s mom agrees, saying she is also thrilled with what Parish has achieved.

“Halle is always willing to work hard to be a better athlete and teammate,” Mrs. Parish said. “We are so proud of what she has accomplished.”