Graduation activities begin soon

Seniors are encouraged to take part in these graduation activites.

IMAGE / Megan Millinkov

IMAGE / Megan Millinkov

The end of the school year is coming soon. Here are upcoming events for seniors that should be noted.

All seniors will receive four tickets to commencement. If you want more tickets, you may request them from Mrs. Sue Murray, administrative secretary, starting Monday, April 16. The deadline for these requests is Friday, April 27.

Prom will be held at the Lapeer Country Club on Saturday, April 28. Tickets are $45 and are being sold at lunch starting Monday, April 16 and ending Friday, April 20.

The deadline for applying to speak at graduation is May 11. Finalists will present a sample on May 16 after school in the high school auditorium, and speakers will be announced on May 18 during the afternoon announcements.

Senior exams will take place on May 21 and 22. On May 21 exams for 4th-, 5th-, and 6th-hour classes will be held. On May 22 exams for 1st-, 2nd-, and 3rd-hour classes will take place.

On May 25, cap, gown, and commencement tickets will be distributed in the high school auditorium. Students must bring a completed check-out card. If missed, students can pick up items from the main office on May 29.

Senior Choice Awards will be held in the high school auditorium on May 29 at 7 p.m.

Senior Athletic Awards practice will take place in the high school auditorium on May 30 at 8:30 a.m. Attendance is mandatory. The awards will be presented later that day at 7 p.m.

Honor cords, NHS stoles, and service-hour cords will be distributed on May 30 in the media center.

Class Day is on May 30. Attendance is optional. A program will be presented in the gymnasium with a slideshow of photos, followed by the senior skit. It starts at 1 p.m.

Honors convocation is May 31 at 7 p.m. There is a mandatory practice at 8:30 a.m.

On May 31 there will also be an optional walk though the elementary and middle school buildings. Seniors can wear their caps and gowns as they walk through the buildings. A bus from the high school leaves at 9:30 a.m.

A mandatory commencement practice will take place June 1 at the Whiting auditorium. Practice is at 9 a.m.

Baccalaureate practice will take place on June 1, as well. Practice is mandatory for the performers, which is at 1 p.m. The event,which is a religious service ran by students for the graduating class, will be in the high school auditorium at 7 p.m.

Finally, June 2 is commencement, which will be held in the Whiting. Commencement begins at 7 p.m.