Five films for teen girls to enjoy

Most teen movies are considered to be corny and cliche. However, they can also be humorous and uplifting.

The drama, fashion, and romance always pulls girls in.

Here are five flicks that will surely warm the heart.

“Clueless” (PG-13 – 1995)

Released in 1995, “Clueless” is still popular among teens today.

Alicia Silverstone stars as Cher Horowitz, a valley girl, who lives in Beverly Hills.

Cher lives a luxurious life with her wealthy father, a top-notch lawyer.

When Cher’s ex-stepbrother Josh calls her superficial, she realizes she needs to give back to those in need.

As Cher begins to learn the importance of helping others, she also figures out she likes it.

This film is one of my favorites, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

“Legally Blonde” (PG-13 – 2001) 

“Legally Blonde” should be at the top of everyone’s favorite-movie list.

Reese Witherspoon stars as fashion merchandising student Elle Woods.

In this fabulous film, Elle goes out of her comfort zone and decides to attend law school.

When Elle’s boyfriend Warner tells her he cannot take her seriously and dumps her, she decides to pursue him.

When first arriving at Harvard Law School, Elle struggles with maintaining her grades and fitting in.

But as time goes on, she begins to adapt to her new life on campus and makes her way to the top of her class.

This film will indeed leave you feeling empowered and fresh.

“Bring It On” (PG-13 – 2000)

Kirsten Dunst stars as Torrance Shipman in this cult classic.

“Bring It On” focuses on the Rancho Carne High School cheer squad and the hardships they face when things go wrong.

Torrance is voted to replace the previous team captain, “Big Red,” who has graduated.

The squad continues to use Big Red’s cheers but later learn the cheers were stolen from another squad, the East Compton Clovers.

After hearing about the scandal, the squad decides they must construct a new routine.

This film teaches the importance of teamwork and integrity.

“Titanic” (PG-13 – 1997)

“Titanic” is an iconic film.

Leonardo DiCaprio stars as Jack Dawson, a poverty-stricken man, who pursues love with Rose DeWitt Bukater, played by Kate Winslet.

In this divine love story, two young adults find themselves falling for each other despite their contrasting backgrounds.

Jack and Rose meet when Jack wins two tickets to board the RMS Titantic in a poker game. This was a luxury for Jack because of his unfortunate upbringing.

As time passes by, a disaster occurs on the ship, which cuts the couple’s romance short.

If you are in the mood for romance along with action, then “Titantic” is for you.

“Mean Girls” (PG-13 – 2004)

Written by Tina Fey, “Mean Girls” is notorious for its crude humor.

Lindsay Lohan stars as Cady Heron, the bashful new student.

Cady quickly meets two friends, Damian and Janis. These friends introduce her to the Plastics, who are led by Regina George.

The three create a plan in order to destroy Regina and her posse’s reputation.

They succeed in this plan and things begin to go very bad.

This film will, for sure, keep you on your toes.