Thank you to all the teachers who truly care

Hannah+Hendley

Hannah Hendley

As a junior, I have experienced many different teachers, classrooms, and learning styles.

Over time, I have observed how much teachers have to deal with in their careers, which most people don’t even realize.

Teachers really do deserve so much more recognition.

I mean, think about it: They’re  handling about 30 children in one small area, controlling the troublesome students, and keeping up with a daily lesson plan all day, everyday.

Why do teachers have such a bad stigma? Why do students give teachers such a hard time?

They literally come to work for us everyday. They stay after school for us, and they take time out of their lives for us.

In my 12 years of schooling, I have come across many teachers whom I hold close to my heart, and I will never forget the things that they have done for me.

The educators in my classes have not only made me feel safe but have also made their best efforts to guide me in the right direction.

Don’t get me wrong, there definitely are teachers out there that aren’t as concerned about the students as others, but I would say the majority of them do care.

No, you don’t have to love every teacher you get; that’s not possible!

But you should respect every one of them no matter what.

Building a good relationship with your teachers is important in order to have a successful high school career.

I believe that I wouldn’t be the student I am today if I didn’t have a good relationship with my teachers.

I’m beginning to fear that teachers can’t see over the large amount of disobedient students, and they’re missing out on the students who do appreciate everything they do for us.

Taking on the lifestyle of a teacher is extremely challenging. I would say it takes a great deal of patience and intelligence to be an educator in the kind of society we live in today.

So, thank you, teachers who put up with us.

No matter what you teach, where you teach, or how you teach, thank you.