Seven students will sing solos in annual pop concert

IMAGE / Emilie Lewis

Seven choir students will sing stand-alone solos in the annual pop concert on Monday and Tuesday, May 22 and 23.

The song list includes songs from the late 1900s and early 2000s, such as “If I Were a Boy” by Beyoncé and “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac.

Seniors Erin Davis, Josh Parker, and Cami Clarambeau will end their final year in choir with solos.

Davis will be singing “When You Say Nothing at All,” originally released in 1970 and re-recorded in 1988 by Kieth Whitley and again in 2002 by Alison Krauss.

Parker will perform Bill Withers’ “Ain’t No Sunshine” from his album “Just As I Am.”

Clarambeau will be singing Carrie Underwood’s “Temporary Home” from her 2009 album “Play on.”

Juniors Gracie Garfi-Sharber and Hailey Barrington will also perform solos.

Garfi-Sharber is singing Beyoncé’s hit “If I Were a Boy” from her 2008 album “I Am… Sasha Fierce.”

Rod Stewart’s “Have I Told You Lately” will be sung by Barrington.

Sophomores Chloe Clarambeau and Claudia Moore will sing a duet to “Landslide” written by Stevie Nicks and performed by the band Fleetwood Mac.

In addition, five band members will accompany the choir during the concert.

These members include seniors Dylan McIntire, Dylan Phelps, Ryan Thomas, and Wiliam Spielamaker and junior Gabriella Coolman.

McIntire and Phelps will play the trumpet, Thomas will be on the trombone, Spielmaker will play the alto saxophone, and Coolman will play the flute.

All members will be accompanying the singers in the songs “Stairway to Heaven,” “Uptown Funk,” and “Under Pressure,” except for Coolman.

Coolman will only be playing the flute during the song “Under Pressure.”

Both shows start at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.