Pixar produces hit movies teens enjoy

Growing up, animated movies are a must for entertainment needs for children.

Pixar is one of the top movie producers for animated films.

Students here at KHS enjoy movies produced by Pixar.

Movies like “Cars” and “Toy Story” have been entertaining children for years and KHS students are glad to have grown up with these films in their lives.

“Cars”

An amazingly fast and popular race car named Lightning McQueen knows his importance in the racing world.

McQueen ends up in a town called Radiator Springs after accidentally taking a detour in a place known as Route 66, and he begins to realize not everything is always handed to you.

His arrogant attitude is challenged when he meets the other cars that live in Radiator Springs.

As this happens, he sees what he’s been missing out on while he was getting the fame and the glory.

Sophomore Lance Hawkins was interested in the emotions that went along with the story and how it often changed.

The message behind ‘Cars’ is to accept people and their differences

— Lance Hakwins, sophomore

“Cars had an interesting plot,” Hawkins said. “It had its times where it could be funny but, yet, also serious.”

Hawkins sees the message of acceptance while watching this movie.

“The message behind ‘Cars’ is to accept people and their differences,” Hawkins said. “Because of how different Lightning McQueen is compared to the other cars, they learn to accept him and bring him into their town.”

“Inside Out”

“Inside Out” is about a little girl named Riley who is driven by her emotions.

Riley’s emotions are portrayed by characters who live inside of her head, controlling her actions and thoughts.

When Riley’s forced to move to a new city, her emotions go through many struggles that bring Riley sadness.

Her main emotion, Joy, tries to keep everything happy and going along. As time progresses, the other emotions begin to bring conflict, making it hard for Joy to keep everything going smoothly.

Freshman Skyelar Herriman enjoyed the overall message of the movie.

“I think the message was that it’s OK to have emotions,” Herriman said. “It’s OK to feel sad and cry, to be mad and angry, or to be really happy.”

Herriman sees a realistic point of view to the movies concept.

“It shows that no matter how you feel, you can’t hide your emotions. It’s human,” Herriman said.

“Monsters Inc.”

In a monster world known as Monstropolis, there’s a fear processing factory known as Monsters Inc.

The best “scarer” of the company is James P. Sullivan, known as Sulley, and he is known for his large scare factor.

When Sulley accidentally brings a little girl into Monstropolis this brings problems to him and his friend Mike Wazowski.

Junior Desirah Richards enjoyed the characters that went along with this movie.

(‘Monsters, Inc’.) ended up showing us how we’re all the same and that we shouldn’t judge others.

— Desirah Richards, junior

“I enjoyed this movie because the characters all had good personalities and each character had a little something different about themselves,” Richards said.

Richards also sees a good life lesson within the movie.

“It’s basically about how there’s not always nice people in life, like the monsters in the movie,” Richards said. “But, altogether, it ended up showing us how we’re all the same and that we shouldn’t judge others.”

“The Incredibles”

The Incredibles are a family of superheroes who attempt to hide their superpowers from the public.

They were doing this well until a supervillain comes to town and kidnaps their youngest child.

At that point, the parents use their superpowers to save their kids and defeat the villain.

Sophomore Kristopher Perry enjoyed seeing the Incredible family work together throughout the movie.

“I enjoyed the movie because they’re a family who sticks with each other and stays with each other through their troubles,” Perry said.

Perry also saw the message of the movie to be relatable to real life.

“I think the overall message of the movie is to show that regardless of the type of life you live, you have to live it to the fullest with those who are around you,” Perry said.

“Toy Story”

Have you always wondered what your toys did while you were gone when you were a child?

The movie “Toy Story” shows, in an animated way, how toys interacted with one another when the child is gone.

A boy named Andy has a beloved toy named Woody. When Andy gets a new toy, Buzz Lightyear, Woody feels as if he’s being taken away from Andy’s love.

This causes Woody and Buzz to plot against one another and eventually lands them both to be lost.

They both must work together to get back to Andy, whether they like it or not.

Sophomore Abbigale Bellmer enjoyed how different “Toy Story” was compared to other movies.

“I really enjoyed the animation of ‘Toy Story’ and the story line,” Bellmer said. “When it came out, it was different than any movie before.”

Bellmer could also relate to the concept of the movie.

“It put a new twist on things,” Bellmer said. “When I was younger, I definitely believed my toys came alive when I left my room.”

“WALL-E”

“WALL-E” is a robot that roams the deserted earth collecting random objects.

One day another robot lands on Earth named EVE. EVE and WALL-E become extremely close until EVE finds that WALL-E has found something that could help the Earth’s future.

EVE is forced to go back to space to report to the humans what she found. Because WALL-E is so fascinated by EVE, he purposely comes along.

Once they reach the area where the humans are, they encounter multiple problems and adventures together. What could result of this?

Sophomore Mallory Simms was entertained by the love story factor between the characters in the movie and its futuristic elements.

(‘WALL-E’) informs and reminds their viewers that we need to take care of our Earth to avoid the situation in the movie.

— Mallory Simms, sophomore

“I enjoyed this movie because it’s a sweet love story between WALL-E and EVE,” Simms said. “I love the concept of the story and how it takes place in the future.”

Simms also saw a lesson to the movie about how we treat our own planet and why WALL-E was alone on Earth.

“It informs and reminds their viewers that we need to take care of our Earth to avoid the situation in the movie,” Simms said.

Pixar produced movies, as you can see, have important messages to go along with them and keep the viewer entertained.

These movies are for people of all ages, even an average KHS student.