Swim wraps up season

Sophomore+Brodie+Dustin+swims+the+50-meter+butterfly+against+Owosso+in+the+200+medley+relay.+

IMAGE / Molly Gunn

Sophomore Brodie Dustin swims the 50-meter butterfly against Owosso in the 200 medley relay.

After a meet against Corunna Tuesday, March 3, the swim team hung up its goggles for the final time this season.

Members of the team felt they improved throughout the course of the season.

Sophomore Brodie Dustin sees the team’s development from the start of the season.

“I think our team put in a lot of effort into the meet and into the end of the season,” Dustin said, “and I think that the entire season as a whole was really good for all of the swimmers. Many of our swimmers grew so much from the beginning of the season.”

Lake Fenton sophomore David Rampy, captain, noticed improvements in the team’s performances as the season progressed.

“The team improved greatly,” Rampy said. “Everyone dropped time over the season in their events and I feel as time went on we just cared more and more about getting better.”

Dustin appreciates the work that Rampy put into the season.

“I would say our new captain David Rampy from Lake Fenton is really the MVP,” Dustin said. “He never stopped working hard, even when it hurt.”

The team, comprised of mostly sophomores, looks forward to next season.

Rampy hopes to push deeper into the postseason next year.

“Next season, my goal is to make it to states and keep my team improving,” Rampy said.

While all members of the team improved over the season, Rampy noted Dustin’s work ethic and tenacity.

“He (Dustin) showed up to practice every day and didn’t stop working hard,” Rampy said, “and it definitely paid off at the end of the season.”