Boys track squeaks past Linden, falls to Swartz Creek

IMAGE / Wikimedia Commons

Sophomore Braylon Silvas won both the 110 high- and 300-meter hurdles in a double-dual meet against Swartz Creek and Linden on Tuesday, May 14. The Hornets beat the Eagles but fell to Creek.

Going into a double-dual meet against Linden and Swartz Creek, Coach Paul Adas said he hoped to go .500 in the Metro League by outperforming the Eagles.

His wishes came true, as his boys track and field team eked out a 64-62 victory against Linden.

The Hornets fell to Creek in the meet by 40 points.

Junior Raydoffa Braziel won the 400-meter dash with a personal record of 51.18 seconds.

In second place, freshman Tyler Csintyan ran a 54.81 personal record.

Continuing his dominance in the 110 high hurdles, sophomore Braylon Silvas won the event in 16.29 seconds.

Senior Austin Hennessy took second with a personal record 18.31 finish.

Silvas and Hennessy also took first and second, respectively, in the 300 hurdles. Silvas finished in 45.03 while Hennessy clocked in at 47.18.

In the discus, senior Dylan Buschur captured first with a flying throw of 140 feet, 5 inches.

In the long jump, Silvas placed second with a leap of 19-09.

Braziel, who is usually a mid-distance runner, took third in the 200 dash in 23.91.

In the 800 run, senior Josh Bischoff took third in his last Metro League meet, running his race in 2:16.23.

In the shot put, senior Eddie Harris threw for third place at 44-11.75.

Junior John Brown’s jump of 5-02 locked him into third place in the high jump.

Kearsley was unable to take first in any relays.

With the Metro League regular season, the Hornets finished 4-4.

The Hornets will buzz in an MHSAA Division 2 regional at Clio on Friday, May 17.