Local college visits offered to juniors, seniors

IMAGE / Aaron Haack

There will be campus tours of UM-Flint, Baker College, Kettering University, and Mott Community College offered to Kearsley students in late April and early May.

Campus tours are being offered late April and early May for students who are interested in finding out more about local colleges.

Mrs. Colleen Grathoff is organizing the campus tours for students that want to go.

“Students don’t always have the ability to tour campuses on their own,” Grathoff said. “We have this opportunity, so we thought it would be good for students all around.”

Campus tours are available for Mott Community College, Kettering University, Baker College, and UM-Flint.

The tour for Mott will take place April 30. Departure from the school is 7:35 a.m.

Students looking into a STEM career can attend the Kettering campus tour May 5. Departure is 8:35 a.m.

Students planning on attending Kettering should know that the average GPA at Kettering is a 3.43 and the average ACT score is a 26.

On the same day as the Kettering tour, a campus tour of Baker is also offered. Departure is 12:15 p.m.

The UM-Flint campus tour takes place May 8. Departure is 7:35 a.m.

Campus tours are a good idea for students who want to learn more about campus culture, size, and transportation.